While Copy and Paste in the Edit menu are deactivated when a query is selected in the Overview list in the Verifier view, it's still possible to press Command-C (or Control-C on Linux). This will copy the default Java Object.toString() representation of the query to the clipboard.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Switch to the Verifier view
2. Insert a new query
3. Select the query in the Overview list
4. Press Command-C
5. Paste in any text field
The Object.toString() representation (e.g. "aO@a7b2e5") will be pasted.
I imagine three possible solutions:
1. Nothing should be copied when Command-C is pressed in the Overview list
2. The entire text of the query should be copied - that is, equivalent to pressing Command-A, Command-C in the Query text field - Copy in the Edit menu should have the same effect
3. The actual list element should be copied, making it possible to duplicate a query element by pressing Command-C, Command-V in the Overview list - Cut, Copy, and Paste in the Edit menu should have the same effect
I would prefer solution 3. This would perhaps also serve as a solution for bug 390.
After pressing Command-C on every object I could think of, I found the same issue with the Editor Navigation Tree and the Simulator Simulation Trace list. I suggest solution 1 for the Navigation Tree and solution 2 for the Simulation Trace.